Morocco to resume international flights on June 15

All travellers from list “A” will be admitted into Morocco if they have been vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a negative PCR test.

RABAT - Morocco will reopen its airports and ports to international passenger traffic from June 15, both for its own citizens and foreign nationals, the foreign ministry said on Sunday.

All travellers will be admitted into the country if they have been vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a negative PCR test, the ministry said in a statement.

“Holders of foreign vaccination certificates will benefit from the same advantages granted by the Moroccan vaccination certificate to Moroccan citizens on the national territory,” the ministry said.

“As for list "B", it is intended to be a restrictive list of all the countries not concerned by the relief measures contained in list "A", and which are experiencing a spread of variants or the absence of precise statistics on the epidemiological situation,” it said

Travellers from countries on this list must obtain exceptional authorizations before traveling, present a negative PCR test of less than 48 hours from the date of entry into the national territory, then undergo a 10-day medical isolation.

Morocco has last month eased a set of restrictive measures to contain the coronavirus pandemic, allowing cinemas and theatres to re-open as it continues its vaccination campaign.

The North African country has so far outperformed others on the continent by administering 5 million doses of the AstraZeneca and Sinopharm vaccines, as it pursues plans to inoculate all people aged over 17.